Sims Lifecyle Services (SLS) just wrapped up another IAITAM ACE, this year in Las Vegas. The stated purpose of IAITAM is “to support the IT Asset Management profession through expert training and advice, as well as develop occupational best practices to enhance the business drivers of ROI, efficiency, risk avoidance and professional development for the practitioner and their organizations.” True to form, the IAITAM show, with over 600 attendees, offered hundreds of technical presentations by industry experts, plenty of networking time and a vibrant exhibit hall showcasing key industry participants.
Timely topics at this year’s conference included how:
- Many companies are exploring how corporate environmental, sustainability and governance (ES&G) initiatives can be supported by more resourcefully managing IT assets.
- Forward thinking asset managers are leveraging asset data from ITAM systems to drive strategic decisions within their organization.
- Accurate asset data is an important security consideration when assets are in your live environment and when retired.
- Integration of systems and a commitment to data quality and completeness of data are important in developing a holistic view of IT assets.
- Asset management continues to evolve and has become more complex as IT professionals manage the physical environment, virtual platforms, mobile devices, cloud and software changes over time.
- Secure handling of all data bearing devices, once they are removed from the live environment, continues to be top of mind for asset managers.
Sims Lifecycle Services Activities at IAITAM ACE
Technical Session, Circular Supply Chain, Moving Toward Net-Zero
Geoff Cottrell, a Principal Project Manager for SLS, presented information on recovering valuable resources to go back into product supply chains. He discussed ways we can repurpose used IT equipment and leverage the SLS Sustainability Calculator to calculate carbon reduction achieved from reusing and recycling IT equipment.
SLS Booth Activities
Attendees were excited to try our new interactive touch table display, which we introduced at this year’s conference. They were able to access IT asset disposition information at their fingertips in a fun and engaging manner.
We look forward to the 2023 IAITAM ACE in Nashville, Tennessee, May 9-11.
The SLS team is exciting to be attending these trade shows and conferences: https://www.simslifecycle.com/blog/sls-on-the-road/