When safeguarding your data on retired storage media, the safest data destruction method can sometimes be the most convenient. On-site destruction of storage media, using on-site shred vehicles at your business location, is a secure and customer-friendly method to dispose of retired IT assets. On-site shredding is ideal for both large and small volume projects.
In addition to the myriad of services you have come to expect from SLS such as data sanitization, IT asset reuse and responsible recycling, mobile shredding presents multiple benefits to security-focused organizations that are only available with this on-site service:
- Convenience: Our technicians arrive at your site at a specified time and location to perform the service. SLS works collaboratively and proactively with you to minimize disruptions to your working environment.
- Logistical cost savings: Destroying media at your site eliminates the need to arrange for the highest security transport option, secure storage and packing service and materials. When no data leaves your facility, there are no additional costs to secure it.
- Increased security: All risks associated with logistics and data breaches, such as accidents, theft, loss and lapses in the chain of custody, are eliminated.
- Inventory validation: All serial numbers of the storage devices are scanned and recorded and can be validated against client inventory lists. This service provides important audit trails, including final inventory reconciliation.
- Witnessed destruction: On-site shredding includes the option to view your assets being shredded, providing complete assurance that your storage media does not leave your possession until all data is irretrievably destroyed. You can even feed your assets into the shredder yourself.
- All-inclusive pricing: Every company has different IT asset management and data privacy policies. SLS offers mobile shredding with a daily rate and up-front pricing, guaranteeing destruction of all your data storage devices without any surprise fees.
- Immediate documentation: SLS provides an instant audit trail for all media shredded with a same-day Certificate of Data Destruction (CODD). A hard copy of the CODD is accompanied by indefinite electronic storage of all certificates in the Sims Portal.
- Sustainable removal: SLS transports all shredded material taken from your site to an SLS Circular Center for recycling, consistent with WEEE legislation, refining it to be used to produce new commodities. Following the recycling process, a Certificate of Responsible Recycling (CORR) will be provided.
- Quick turn-around time: This service allows you to witness the physical destruction of all your data bearing devices, receive your CODD and have the shredded material transported from your location – all in the same day!
Convenience, confirmation of destruction and absolute security. These are the benefits of data destruction that are only available with on-site mobile media shredding.
SLS can provide a custom program to deliver these services to your company.