Sims Lifecycle Services was delighted to host the business news publisher, Business Insider, at one of our US sites recently. We hosted Business Insider at our Nashville, Tennessee ITAD facility to record their most recent insider video on electronics recovery and recycling.
We invite you to view the Business Insider video. Five points of interest from the video include:
- Only 17% of electronics produced are recycled every year.
- $57 billion is thrown away every year, when electronics are landfilled instead of recycled.
- Explanation of why recycling should be a last resort when retiring IT assets.
- Electronics recycling is complicated, as complex IT devices are recycled to recover plastic, metals and precious metals.
- Worldwide technology innovation contributes to advances in electronics recycling.
SLS routinely provides reuse and recycling solutions for businesses and electronic manufacturers that are data secure and environmentally compliant. Learn more about how we are recycling plastic that HPI is using to manufacture new electronics.