Choosing Your ITAD Vendor – A Quick Checklist
Final IT asset disposition (ITAD) raises many questions among IT directors and compliance officers. Use the following checklist as a reference to know what to ask of your global ITAD vendor to ensure they will support your needs and requirements.
Does my ITAD vendor:
- Securely handle my IT assets to ensure privacy and regulatory compliance?
- Have secure and clearly defined IT asset handling processes to ensure data security? Can they meet my corporate data security requirements?
- Use subcontractors that may compromise their accountability?
- Have the infrastructure to support my national operations? My global operations? Does their footprint align with mine?
- Have the recycling expertise and equipment to extract maximum value from my IT assets, allowing my company to benefit financially from the IT disposal process?
- Manage my IT assets in a manner that will protect my data, corporate reputation and brand?
- Maintain transparent and verifiable operations? Do they allow client audits? Facility inspections?
- Destroy all types of data storage media? How?
- Manage hazardous waste in an environmentally compliant manner?
- Offer convenient services and logistics?
- Packing services?
- Manage transportation to ensure security yet balance cost considerations? How?
- Provide complete reporting and is it easy to access the information?
SLS has developed a handy guide to help in developing an effective RFP
SLS ITAD Services
Learn more about how SLS protects your data and extracts value from retired IT assets.
Send Us a Message
We stand ready to provide complete solutions for your business.